Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day and Night with Michael Fassbender

This day is just full of Michael news, from interviews, to nominations, to reshoots, to pictures an videos.  Could fans not be more happy?

First a couple more interviews.  Every little interview uncovers something different about how Michael works or what he thinks about his work. From Movieline.com:

Last time Movieline spoke to you, Inglourious Basterds was about to come out. Since then, have you seen a change in how Hollywood has treated you?

I hasn’t really changed that much, to be honest. I’m just taking it job by job. Definitely, there’s an opportunity to get into certain rooms that I wouldn’t have had before. I guess in the independent market, I’d be getting offers, but in terms of big studio films, I still have to audition. I don’t think my name is that well-known, I don’t have much of a following to guarantee box office success yet. That’s something that hasn’t changed, let’s say, since we last spoke.


Michael, if you want to know what people think of you, check out The Things They Say or do a search on Twitter.  There are more people finding out who you are and appreciating your work.  We're sure that with such big projects like "The Talking Cure" and "Jane Eyre", all of that will change, hopefully for the good. 

From Tribecafilm.com:

How did you get involved with David Cronenberg's The Talking Cure?

Well, he just sort of approached my agent and said that he was interested in me doing this script, so I went up to meet him in Toronto—and, you know, he's a legend, so to meet him was really special. And then we just sort of had a really good chat, and we both like motor sports, and he was telling me [about] when he went to the Ducati factory in Italy: they really like him there because he based the pods in The Fly on a Ducati motor, the engine of a Ducati motorcycle.


And from Comingsoon.net:

CS: How excited were you to do a modern-day film? You've been doing so many period pieces and been all over history.
Fassbender: I know, know, yeah. It's nice, yeah, absolutely. It's always nice to do something contemporary, and it's nice to have a fresh contemporary piece, a new writer, a fresh topic and something that's taking place in the hear and now for sure. That's always nice. It's nice to mix it up.

CS: I know some actors who just love doing period pieces.
Fassbender: Yeah, I do like dressing up. (laughs)

CS: That might have to be the quote for the piece: "I like dressing up." Fassbender: (laughs) Yeah, exactly! Well, it's like a friend says to me, she's like, "You play dress-up for a living," and I think that's a really good way of putting it. So there is something quite cool about period pieces, because when you do put on all the little bits and pieces, it does give you the feel of a different era, and it gives you a little spring in your step as your character, gives you that little extra layer.


Then there's a new video interview by Cinemablend.com.  You can click the link or watch the video interview the side panel now. 

Michael was still in NY as of yesterday.  He attended the New York Critics Circle awards with some big names-George Clooney, James Gandolfino.  And he met up with director Steve McQueen and Christoph Waltz.  Photo from MFO.


With all that, the day ends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment